Zürich, 28. June 2022
For the very first time, HackZurich, Europe's largest and most prestigious hackathon, will be enriched by the Blockchain and Web3 competencies of Swiss Blockchain Hackathon (SBHack). The NTN Innovation Booster supports SBHack – Blockchain Nation Switzerland and Trust Square, Switzerland's leading blockchain and innovation hub. After the success stories from the previous years of blockchain-dedicated hackathons, SBHack is now adding Blockchain and Web3 – the biggest disrupter and innovation topic of the past decade – to HackZurich’s existing innovation landscape.
SBHack will boost HackZurich’s set of challenges by adding real-world Blockchain and Web3 use cases in cooperation with leading industry partners. During a whole weekend, only the best and most innovative tech talents will work on solving today’s problems with tomorrow’s solutions.
Since 2014, HackZurich unites the world's best tech talents, selected from thousands of applications, representing several elite universities and leading organizations from +85 countries, to collaborate and develop innovative web-, mobile- and hardware applications during a 40-hours hackathon in teams. Global industries and organizations provide the latest technologies, tools, and APIs to spark the creation of new prototypes. In 2021, 1620 people participated in HackZurich. 1200 of them solved the challenges remotely and 420 on-site.
The Swiss Blockchain Hackathon is part of the NTN Innovation Booster – Blockchain Nation Switzerland program. Innosuisse, the Swiss Innovation Agency initiated the multi-year funding program. Blockchain Nation Switzerland's goal is to generate ideas and drive them forward so that they turn into actual projects or startups.
Quick Info HackZurich
Date: 16-18 September 2022
Locations: Technopark in Zurich, Switzerland
Registration: Registration for participants was open until 10 Juli 2022, on sbhack.trustsquare.ch
HackZurich, Trust Square AG, Blockchain Nation Switzerland powered by Innosuisse
Media contact HackZurich
Director Digital Festival & HackZurich
+41 (0) 79 934 88 88
Media contact Blockchain Nation Switzerland / Trust Square
Swiss Blockchain Federation
+41 (0) 78 895 72 11
- Founded in 2014, HackZurich rapidly became Europe's largest and most prestigious Hackathon. Every year, 600 international participants are invited to Zurich. Since 2020, they are joined by as many participating remotely from around the world in a first of its kind hybrid setup. Participants are selected from a global pool of over 5500 applications, representing several elite universities from more than 85 countries. Together these tech talents develop highly innovative web-, mobile- and hardware applications during a 40-hour hackathon in teams of 2 to 4 people. International companies and organizations of different industries provide participants with hardware, brand new technologies, tools, datasets, and APIs to spark the creation of new prototypes.
- HackZurich represents a unique opportunity to touch base with new technologies, innovation opportunities and a selection of the world's best tech talents. The focus at HackZurich is firmly on fun, exchanging knowledge, and the unique atmosphere and opportunities for mutual learning and inspiration.
About Trust Square:
- Trust Square is an eco-system, positioned at the very heart of Switzerland's blockchain and deep-tech scene. Trust Square's co-working offices provide a physical space for innovation and exchange, our events inspire and educate, and the holistic service portfolio allows ventures of all sizes to succeed.
Since 2018, Trust Square has hosted more than 400 events, from panels and talks with industry experts to think tanks, hackathons, and tech conferences. With the Swiss Blockchain Hackathons (SBHack) over the past years Trust Square attracted more than 500 hackers from all over the world.
- Trust Square has provided office space to more than 80 blockchain companies, among them Cardano, B3i, Neo, Sygnum, flov technologies, Procivis, Verum Capital, Blockchain Valley Ventures, Bittrex and Consensys. The hub works closely with ETH Zurich, the universities of Zurich, Basel, Lucerne and St. Gallen, the Rapperswil University of Applied Sciences and Arts, the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, the Frankfurt School Blockchain Center, and Zurich's location development agency.
About Blockchain Nation Switzerland:
- Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) represents a revolutionary and disruptive approach for business, science and society and offers numerous application possibilities. Switzerland recognized this potential early on and has established itself as one of the world's most attractive locations for the blockchain industry under the name Crypto Valley. In 2021, Switzerland introduced new legislation that is among the most innovation friendly DLT regulations in the world.
- The NTN Innovation Booster - Blockchain Nation Switzerland builds on this spirit of optimism and euphoria. Since the so-called Crypto Valley has gradually spread beyond its original epicenter of Zug to the whole of Switzerland and even beyond, this programme combines existing initiatives with organizations and individuals who want to become active in the field of blockchain technology. True to its nationwide activities over the past years, the Swiss Blockchain Federation is now entering a new dimension by actively promoting innovation.
- Gold Partner: SEBA Bank
- Innosuisse is the Swiss Innovation Agency. Innosuisse's mission is to promote science-based innovation in the interest of business and society. The NTN Innovation Booster funding instrument brings together interested teams from universities, businesses, and community around an innovation topic at a national level. It stimulates the testing of concrete innovation ideas. Innosuisse is supporting 18 NTN Innovation Boosters with a focus on a broad range of different topics.